For Christmas, Your Government Will Explain Why It’s Legal to Kill You
Lowering the Bar summarizes:
- The government dropped a bomb on a U.S. citizen,
- who, though a total dick and probably a criminal, may have been engaged only in propaganda,
- which, though despicable, is generally protected by the First Amendment;
- it did so without a trial or even an indictment (that we know of),
- based at least in part on evidence it says it has but won’t show anyone,
- and on a legal argument it has apparently made but won’t show anyone,
- and the very existence of which it will not confirm or deny;
- although don’t worry, because the C.I.A. would never kill an American without having somebody do a memo first;
- and this is the “most transparent administration ever”;
- currently run by a Nobel Peace Prize winner.
If I were this young man, I would be very concerned.
His encampment is on private property, and clearly poses a health and safety risk. It won’t be long until a militarized unit of the local police force arrives and uses chemical sprays, baton blows, and other pain-inducing compliance methods to compel him to leave the site.
[ photo credit: David Coates / The Detroit News ]
David Brooks is a contemptible little troll.
As if you didn’t already know that.
A second austerity principle is this: Trim from the old to invest in the young. We should adjust pension promises and reduce the amount of money spent on health care during the last months of life so we can preserve programs for those who are growing and learning the most.
What a complete and utter wanker.
Source: The New York Times
“All politics is local”
It’s strange enough that my friend and neighbor Bob is the mayor of my city. It’s stranger still that in a few minutes he will be the Lt. Governor-elect of New York.